Sign in to follow this  
Joniboy

18" wheels possible?

Hey guys!

There is a set of wheels that I might have coming my way fairly soon which I think will look the dogs danglies on my VR. Only prob is they are 18" and I have no idea if this is a feasable size to squeeze under the arches.

ET 35mm with a 7.5J all round.

Anyone ever had problems with 18's?

Would it look over-wheeled?

Cheers for any help guys :)

Jon

I think they will go on - I believe Phatvr6 had some rather wide 18's on his rado.

Personally I think it may look a bit wheel-heavy.

Don't do it! The ride and handling is compromised too much with 17's (IMHO :wink: ), let alone 18's! Think they look too big on the C too.

Don't do it! The ride and handling is compromised too much with 17's (IMHO :wink: ), let alone 18's! Think they look too big on the C too.

Yeah thats what I was worried about!

Cheers for your input guys. If anyone else cares to add some thought on this, I'm all ears :)

Depends on the quality of your suspension.

My handling on 17s isnt the worlds best it does tend to tram line when at speed, and pulls one way or the other. 18s would just be to big....

Joniboy, like your avatar, by the way :wink:

he he! Thanks very much! I was admiring yours yesterday :)

That avatar is actually me in the suit! I decided I must have one a few years back and finally sourced a kit in the US. It came flat packed so I could build it to fit my frame rather than buying a finished one off ebay!

Since finishing it, I think I have only worn it twice.. doh!

Ok, 18's are out the window! I had a look at a few on Corrado's and yes I have to agree with a few of you here that they look a tad too big. Think I will stick with 17's :)

Thanks guys!

Yes indeed it is me :)

I have some proper photos somewhere but I will post them up in the appropriate forum room when I find them.

Gonna start looking for some deep dish 17's for the VR now. Maybe even go split rim... mmmmmmmm! :D

I've got 18's on my G60 no arch mods. Ride quality isn't any worse than 17's on 205/40 profile tyres.

PS here's a photo I don't think they look over sized

Oooo that doesnt look over sized at all!

Very nice :)

Do you get any arch rubbing at all? I know its quite minimal but how does having a larger wheel affect your acceleration? Is it notable?

Do you get any arch rubbing at all? I know its quite minimal but how does having a larger wheel affect your acceleration? Is it notable?

Only a slight bit of arch rubbing on full lock (my C's lowered around 60mm though on koni coilovers). I didn't notice any difference in acceleration that I can remember.

Only a slight bit of arch rubbing on full lock (my C's lowered around 60mm though on koni coilovers). I didn't notice any difference in acceleration that I can remember.

Cool, good to know. Thanks for very much! I may have to consider my original plan then :)