Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Bonnet stuck!!

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

Right, im prepared for the laughter, just aslong as i can get this fixed! :mad:

Put my bonnet on the other day, and closed it before sorting the bonnet release. Didnt think it would be a problem, as my lights, and grill, and bumper are off, and i can get to the metal hook in the middle of the bonnet, but it appears it is stuck.

Ive read the wiki article, and the only tip that relates is the final one, as the cable hasnt snapped.

This is what ive got atm:

DSC01667.jpg

and this im 99.9% sure is the offside release clip:

DSC01670.jpg

Ive pulled, pushed, and twisted this little fecker, all to no avail. I also, cant even see where the pass side one is?! Ive even removed the plastic bit it advises you to do in the last wiki tip.

Ive replaced a fricking engine, and this is the 2nd hardest thing ive had to do!!! Help before i use a sledgehammer to open the barsteward!!

I dont know if to laugh or cry! :?: :?

Nick

Not only you mate,i did it when first restored my 1st 'raddo.

Luckly your front end is bare so start pulling the right hand(Batt. side) release catch which should in turn release the left hand catch,that's assuming you have'nt adjusted the strikers so much that the mech.are truely stuck by the bonnet's catch springs.

By the way,your second photo shows the anti-theft alarm's bonnet switch,pull all you like on that but it won't do squat.

Almost forgot,get a friend to push down on the bonnet whilst your trying to release the catch,that way you will be relieving some spring force off the catchs allowing you to pop the locking mech.s.(hopefully..)

Why's there a pink dildo in that second pic?

Well if you can think of a better place to keep it let me know!! :?

And cheers VEEDUBBED! Ill try when i get home.

That thing in the middle of the second picture looks to be part of an alarm switch, its nothing to do with the release of the bonnet. look again

Popping the bonett is easy. 1 long flat bladed screwdriver. Slide under front of car. You are looking for the slam panel striker springs. These are what grab your bonett pins. Slip the driver inbetween metal and spring. Rotate driver spring pops and bonett pops.

The springs are not coils they are in the area of that alarm button you are pointing at. Grab a torch and let your eyes adjust to it. Look up at the area where the pins would hit the panel. You will spot em.

Look at the attached image (just been out n taken it) The spring is in the red oval. This shot is from inside the engine bay. 1 spring on each side of car.

Should be well east to spot as your car has the front off.

WOHOO!!

Its open!

Once i found the actual bonnet release clips, rather than the random alarm clip, it was fairly easy.

As my grill, and lights were off, i simply unclipped the pins, as pictured above (cheers 2_Door!)

They were pretty stiff, but easy enough, to take off, and then put back on. So its done. Problem Solved.

Thank you again!!!

:notworthy:

Good man.

Glad to be of help. The springs are really stiff to pop back. Suprising how much force they hold. Infact I got a call from a guy I know a guy who had the AA out to his G60 the otherday. I was telling the AA guy how to pop the bonnet..... :lol: Well funny.

Alls well that ends well.