Sign in to follow this  
iri

2 break ins, which alarm???

hi,

my car has had 2 attempted break ins in the past month!

i always leave the doors deadlocked and the first time the muppet, levered the top of the door out on one side, couldn't pull the lock up so went round the other side and tried the other door...

that time because of the damage inflicted, i had to claim on my insurance...

i recently moved house and last night my car was outside my flat and someone tried again. this time only one door and not nearly as bad. they just pulled the door open enough to get their hand in and couldn't open it so left it...

i managed to bend the door back in perfectly apart from a very small crease in the part of the door that goes along the windscreen around the window where it had bent. is it possible to get that fixed without buying a new door?

also i want to get an alarm installed now...

i was going to get a clifford concept 300 with the external proximity sensor installed (quoted £400 by a clifford recommended installer) so it would chirp at anyone trying to open the door...

thou the guy at the shop said i could get a cobra for £300, which has an air pressure sensor that would actually sound the alarm if someone tried to lever out the door again...

something the clifford won't.

if i get a thatcham cat 1 alarm, my premium will go down by £50...

also gonna get a disclok in the mean time, as its probably kids trying to take my car for a joyride...

any help greatly appreciated...

thnx,

-jac

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Well a lot of people seem to bad mouth Clifford alarms, but I can vouch for two satisfied Clifford owners, and thats me and Andi (the forum Admin) - I have the Concept 300 as installed at a Clifford 'certified' installation centre and have had it for about 5 months so far with no problems.

To be honest, you can't really go wrong with any well known CAT1 alarm - anything to help deter those thieving mongrel scumbags from getting at your pride and joy.

k thnx...

if i get the clifford with the external prox sensor it will get rid of the thatcham cat 1 compliency...

was thinking about getting a cobra with an internal air pressure sensor that will soudn the alarm if sone1 tries to lever the door again...

also what about a toad alarm?

they any good?

thnx...

...why can't the buggers just smash the fecking window :mad: :mad: :mad:

(had my old Golf done in a similar way at least three times, when all else failed, then they smashed the window, and the alarm duly went off so they scarpered... :mad: )

My sympathies for you m8, where's the live feed from the battery to the door handles when you need it :lol:

...ahhh, there it is...

http://www.lcars.eu.org/autotaser.uk/

(shamelessly ripped from another thread in here)

DtM.

I've had no problems with my clifford, concept 300 with extras

i had a problem with cobra, hard to explain in short

the Ai606 is a good alarm aswell and u can add extra bits to that if u want to.

All depends what features u want out of the alarm as the different brands offer different things

me i would have a clifford and the duel zone if a clifford one wont invalidate your thatcham, or have it upgraded after and you then have your original certificate.

what area you from as im in high wycombe and might be able to help.

if a dual zone goes to many times in a short space, ie the prats are not going away and still trying the alarm wil sound. dont like air pressure sensors as can be set off by air vents left open, a fly a................. lots i know, stick to microwave.

also consider a pager for your alarm, about £60 but can be wired to your prewarn or alarm sounding with a 1/2 mile range, ideal at night when the car is outside the flat and if on prewarn gives you a chance to go out and say hello to the f********