Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

How to Start?

When I start my C, should I turn the ignition on, wait for the pump to prime before turning the key further to start the car? Or is the priming quick enough to allow me to just pop the key in and turn all the way to start the car without pausing?

Ever since I got my C (almost 2 years ago now) I've always turned the ignition on, waited, and then started. But is this really necessary? I've never had to do that in any other car that I've owned before.

I've waited for mine to prime a few times, but only to listen to the pump when I've suspected a fault.

Normaly I just put the key in and start it. It always starts straight away without any problems.

Thanks.

Now that I've pretty much got my starting problems sorted out with new injectors (ordered new HT leads today - with the hope to make it even better), I'm going to try just starting it without pausing. Was actually surprised this morning when it fired straight away with hardly any cranking. Think it helped charging my battery up at the weekend, as after putting in the new injectors and starting it a few times, it was taking quite a bit of cranking to get going. I doubt it's ever going to start as nicely as my E36 coupe used to, but if I can get it as good as I can I'll be pleased. I've hated the crap starting ever since I got the C, so nice to finally have new injectors in place and for it to fire on all cylinders properly without having to touch the throttle.