Sign in to follow this  
Twiss

damaged Springs?

Well My car from the back or front looks lovely but from the side she looks like she going up hill, Back of the car is low while the front of the car is high.

The Previos owner put a Tow bar on her ( which i need to remove ) and by the looks of it what ever he was towing its nackerd ( very technical term ) the rear springs. i've measerd the front and they seem to be the right height but the the rear are about 30mm lower then what she should be ( lower then standerd ride height).

So Ive looked at the lowering springs from GSF and would like to know if I can fit these with my standerd shocks ?

Do you think other parts would need replacing due to the last owners wisdom ?

she is a 1990 1.8 16v with 205/40/R17

She got 205/40/R17 Don't know what offset they are but there seems to be rubbing when i go over bumps, is there any way i can check that they are ment for a Corrado?

Any help would be greatfull

Thanks Twiss

hmmm coilovers.......... I wish, moneys abit tight at the mo as she needs new cambelt and tensioners aswell. so looks like for the time being i'll have to get GSf springs on her.

Unless any ones got a second hand set going ? no !? thought not.

Thanks for the help

Well after getting the springs finally had them fitted on the her on friday and what a differance its made.

Only one prob she seems to rub really bad when on full lock and rub when her back end bottoms out when going over big bumps plus when medium to hard corning she cuts the rubber off the edge of the outer side of the tyre!!!!

I've read that other corrado owners have same set up but have no problems with the wheels rubbing

So is something wrong with suspension still or should I just get 16" alloys?

She got 205/40/R17 don't know what offset tho

Any help would be most welcome

Thanks Twiss