Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Was VR6 spark plugs, now, Damn NGK!!

Don't know if you know this, but the VR6 NGKs (plats and non plats) have been superceded. Dealers are now handing out Bosch twin electrode 'Yytrium' plugs instead. FR8DCYU or something, I'll confirm later.

They're still £8+VAT each though!! GSF sell em for a lot less I reckon.

I wasn't aware this had happened until today as I normally get them from Sparkplugs.co.uk, but i needed some there and then, so apologies if it's a repost.....

I've used the old Bisch Bosch Baschoes in the VR before (Yytriums of the 16v variety) and they're fine. If anything I'd say the engine felt a wee bit smoother, but performed the same. Just thought I'd add that snippet of reassurance as some folk are under the dillusion VR6s will only run on NGKs.

...i forgot to mention, i now work for the industrial side of Unipart - Serck Industrial - and I can get stuff at staff discount - eg ngk iridiums 6eix & £6 ea as opposed to £8 i think at sparkplugs?

radiators also are well priced but i can't get massive stocks but i do intend to buy a lot of plugs for those interested, on a limited basis. the odd other item here and there i can get if anyone wants a price.

i'll see if i can get a price on these as well kev.

Sounds good H8RRA! Although I'm not sure about NGKs anymore. Like yourself, I had one shear off on me tonight.....and it was an iridium 6EIX. I was putting standard plugs back in as I've taken the charger off and number 1 twanged off.

I always torque them up correctly, so not sure what's going on there.

Luckily I managed to remove the remains without lifting the head.

The Bosch replacement seem OK by the way, but I'll need to go back to a colder plug when the turbo goes on......just not NGKs!!

they will run on anything. Issue is how well, for how long. I was shocked to discover champions in mine. I would say stay away from anything platinum, but there seem to be a few choises other than the standard NGK coppers. A few peeps have splashed out and ordered Denso Iridiums, too dear for my blood.