Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Big Brakes How Big??

Hi all I've searched for the biggest brake i can fit under borbet A's and cant really find much on it!

can someone shed some light pplease

will 312's/320mm's fit?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Well uh - how big are your Borbets? :lol:

312s just about fit under 16's, but anything bigger and you'd struggle.

cheers dink they are 16's ive just found one of mike_g60's old threads but it didnt give an exact size its just ive found some massive 320mm brakes with calipers, carriers and 4 stud fitment!

have a look here mate!

http://www.badger5.co.uk/

Or if you fancy adding a bit of porsche to your car take a gander at this site!

http://www.dutchdub.com/

I am definatley looking into the porsche type setup as you can by the parts you need when you can afford it.... caliper can be bought for around £150 - £200 on the bay... very tempting... :)

you will not fit big brake kti behind those borbets.. Go outside and look at the spoke-caliper clearance..

As above, standard big-brake kits Porsche / Brembo's will NOT fit behind Borbet due to spoke clearance. Only ones that MAY fit are Willwood 4-pots or POSS. Hi-Spec.

I have the 312 setup behind my rondell 16's... theyre a tight fit. They will not fit on all 16's. The 320 setup i recon you'll have serious probs getting any 16's to fit. There are some details on the wiki about the 312 setup that may help.

- Ross

Yeah sorry, should have said the 312s will "probably" fit under 16s, but it'll be close and depends on the shape of the wheel.

borbet a's have to be one of THE worst wheels I've seen for fitting big brakes behind, which is a damn cshame, as they are great wheels.

unfortuntatly, it's form over function here, and that huge dish is there because the centre is pushed as far back into thte wheel as it'll go, so big brakes are a no no.

As above, standard big-brake kits Porsche / Brembo's will NOT fit behind Borbet due to spoke clearance. Only ones that MAY fit are Willwood 4-pots or POSS. Hi-Spec.

Hi-Spec need about 58mm from the disc to the back of the wheel spoke. Think Tarox are about the slimmest.