Sign in to follow this  
nia573

Best Front Suspension Top Mounts for Mk2 Golf?

I need to replace the crappy GSF standard front suspension topmounts on my Mk2 since they’ve seen better days.

Some say to replace them with G60 items like these:

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=410

Others have replaced them with the VR6 type, with the separate bearing

Which is the best option for everyday use?

If I do use the VR6 type, are these a straight swap for the standard items? Do they raise the front by 10mm as some say?

I’ll replace the bumpstops & the dustcovers for the shocks too while I’m at it – is there a better item to use for these too like Passat or later Golf items??

I believe that C&R sell these front items as an upgrade kit for the Mk2 but it costs close to £100! I’m sure it can be sourced cheaper than this

The ones VW spares sell are the same as GSF sell, FEBI - they are cr4p!

Don't buy the VR6 (Mk3) ones from the above either as the bearings fail - VW now sell mk4 bearings...

You also will need the top plates and a nut (threaded bush) - if you expalin to the dealer what you want to do they will find the parts on ETKA by comparing the two...

If you call me at C&R we can sell you our comfort kit which gives you all brand new highest quality parts and installation instructions and includes; G4 top mount bearings, G3 top mount rubbers, G3 dust covers, early G3 spring top plates (81-mm as required), G3 engine bay top plates, G3/4 machined threaded nuts and G4 GTI 1.8T sports suspension bump stops. Remember, all “the-corrado.net/forum” chaps/esses get a special 10% discount when you provide us with a valid forum user name.

Absolutely old boy! There are conditions such as not on top of other discounts or on genuine VW parts but by and large, yes.