Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

Total Cutout....

Went to pick up my G/Friend tonight - my C totally went dead on me on the way there! :( Thought at first it was the low fuel level so topped up with £4 worth of fuel but still no joy??? Before the car cut out the wipers slowed down considerably and also the ABS light came on - obviously battery lost power :? The battery became so dead that even the Hazards would'nt work :shock: Called a mate out but could'nt get it started with jump leads either, however his car is a 1600cc saloon - not sure if its possible to jump my VR6? Checked the fuses - looked ok but it was quite dark. Could it be a relay? If so which one or which fuse? Then could'nt find the front towing eye to get the car home - is there a front towing eye? Had to leave my C in the local Tesco :( Anyone who can point me in the right direction to solving this problem?

had a similar problem a few years ago, not in a corrado tho. turned out to be a broken earth strap (engine to body).

just a guess tho

good luck