Sign in to follow this  
Leavon

Sparco seats

Has anybody tried fitting Sparco torinos to their C's? The Leather is getting a little tired on mine and I figured for the price of getting them recovered I could spend a little more and get a brand spanking new set of Sparcos. I think they're the same as the ones in my mates racing Puma and they seem pretty comfy and very supportive. Would it require nasty stuff like welding?

Ta.

Yup, they are indeed and the FRP ones look alot better than the ones in that pic

They don't seem to tilt back very far but that maybe a restriction of the subframes in the FRP.

PS - do you also have fun calling your mates car a Cougor or a Tigra?? :D

Heh, wouldn't dream of it :wink:. Actually I really like the FRP, I was never keen on the puma it always seemed a little ill proportioned but the FRP looks really beefey, ride height is a little high but when something handles that well you don't really want to mess with it. Gotta love the way the exhaust pops and crackles when you lift off :twisted:

I think the Ford racing Sparcos are pretty much torino's but for the bright blue alcantara?

So does anyone have any clues as to how tricky it would be to fit them?

The ring and boot are from a TT. I ordered them from an Audi stealer, 'fraid I can't remember how much I paid, don't think it was more than £30.

I got the idea from the canadian corrado club website, http://www.corrado-club.ca (under modifications). I made a couple of alterations though, first of all I used MDF (15mm) instead of oak, which meant that the wood was a lot easier to shape and I wanted to keep the mod reversible so instead of filing off the plastic ridge that runs around the mount I routed out a channel in the wood so the new surround sits flush. That pretty much keeps it in place, I've secured it with a velcro strip at the back, seems to work okay. I can post some pictures of the routing if you need any more info. I knocked it up in a weekend, just took a bit of trial and error to get the size spot on.

I'm working on some aluminium door handles at the mo(!).

HTH.

sounds quite simple until except the vinyl part does sound like a pain in the ar*e!! if you could post some pictures that'd be great.

thanks in advance :D

vrev6 :p

Yeah the vinyl was tricky, I nearly bonded my fingers to it a couple of times. I think it would be a lot easier if you got someone to hold the vinyl while you applied the glue.

Will post some piccies tomorrow.

u just need to get hold of the taiolered sub frames from sparco.

those seats are sweet, i'm hopefully going for the milano alacantara ones

So they do Corrado Subframes for them? Sweet. I really like the milano's but they're a bit pricey, torinos seem like a good compromise.

I've been busy the past couple of days so I haven't had chance to get any pics of the underneath of the gear surround, I'll do them over the weekend and post them on monday.

Ta very much Cheesey, not gonna do it till december but I'll give them a call.

Do love them lights by the way, is there a lot of work invloved getting them to fit? Saw a C on an american site with Audi A4 lights, looked very nice but I think he had to make the lenses :shock: