Sign in to follow this  
___Dubstar___

How low can i go?

please help

Ive got 3 wheels in the running 15 x 6 storm spec BBs solitudes in anthracite, 7x16 and 8x16 d90s or 7x15 teledials. my aim is to get the car as low as possible, which shocks - im guessing coilovers - combined with the above wheels will give me the max drop?? I appreciate i need tyres for the teledials, any suggestions of sizes as well as a change for the bbs's?

porkshine003.jpg

corradoinprogress.jpg

corradoinprogress-2.jpg

corradogolfbrink016.jpg

I cant add to much in the way of knowledge but I have 16's and FKCoilovers and I can get the car to sit on the ground pretty much. If I drop it right down the front bumper sits about an inch of the ground at most (without a splitter). Not that it would be possible to drive it... but ;)

- Ross

i was gonna go down the FK route, is yours a VR Ross?

It is that.

The only thing with the FK route is that if you have passengers in the back they may complain about the bumps :) but to be fair... when am I ever gonna sit in the back.

- Ross

Max slam would probably be the teledials with 195x45x15 tyres.

For mega low you want H&R coilovers with the helper springs taken out. Or Gaz Golds, they go flippin low too.

You will f'ck up many aspects of the car in doing so. You have been warned!

thanks guys, just ordered some 195 45 15's for the teledials today, then read this!! i think ill get some coilovers and have a play, wot should i be paying for fks and H&Rs?

Bit of a thread revival here!! wouldnt go that low on a vr if i was you mate. The sump sits low on vr's, i was running 16's and was fairly low and smashed about 6 sumps just on normal driving!! I'm now on 17's and running a sump guard which you may want to think about!!! :lol: