Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

VR6 mods

Hi Guys,

Im just curious, what kind of mods can be done to a VR, preferably ones that are a better money:gain ratio? Im looking to gain a bit more power from the engine, especially lower down the rev range.

I did have a search but couldnt find anything specific to what i was looking for.

If anyone wants to point me in the direction of an existing thread feel free.

Cheers! :D

Depends on your budget. Charge or turbo it if you've got the dosh, but you'll also need to change the suspension, brakes etc to compliment the power hike.

My budget doesnt stretch that far at the moment. What about remapping? do i need to get anything else done alongside this, if so what and how much would a remap be?

Sorry if this is a lame Q, im new to the world of VRs.

EDIT: Well im just reading through the G-werks offer thread, and the manifold gets a thumbs up for the extra torque you get from this mod... which is what i want. Best get saving :lol:

A bmc cda airfilter is a good place to start, move the carbon canister to use the space for an airfeed. Nice mod to start with gives around 7bhp.

Decat, cat back exhaust, big bore throttle body are a few more smallish mods.

After that the price starts to really increase such as .... shorther final drive, cams, remap, flywheel, under drive light pullies, VSR manifold, 6 branch, head work ..... then there's FI ... lol.

:GULP:

Is that remove the carbon canistor and plug up the pipes with bungs (SPELL)?

How much we talking about the big bore throttle body, any recommended vendors?

You want power...like 75-100bhp extra on tap?

Then buy Nitrous, its the best Bang for £ all for 500-600 quid and the VR can take it all day long and smile while doing it :lol:

:lol: id like id like, but i have a standard VR at the mo, so want to start off with the "small" mods. Then again im tempted to leave it standard as theyre getting hard to find as standard.... so ive heard. But then again the extra power would be nice. Its a bit of a dog low down in the rev range. :lol:

When i Nosed my old vr it was a std 140k motor with 100bhp shot of nitrous !! :shock: No problems at all as long as its set-up correctly.

As for the lackless low down get up and go a remap does wonders but its still £450 quid ... :(

As a mate said " it goes from a Corrado to a Carrera with a flick of a switch"

If it's still on standard suspension, get that sorted first. I've got Koni adjustables on mine, and they're great. Not too expensive either.