Sign in to follow this  
red_baron

Half a sunroof

Thanks for looking Dic... ordered the one remaining fastener thingy today so hopefully it does exist and will turn up in the next couple of days!

Still not sure about replacing the trim... there's no way it will pull forwards with the roof fully tilted - do you think trying whilst partially opening the roof will help?

Done!!! :D in the end it was just a couple of clips at the front of the trim panel that were not engaging properly. Now on to all the other jobs that need doing (good job I've got 2 weeks off)!

hey can any1 help? do you have the prices and part numbers of the parts you had to buy cos i have exactly the same prob, i need the bit that was broke in the first place (same as yours) and the repair kit for the runner thing. thanks

The bits I bought were assemblies numbers 8 & 12 from the attached image... Assembly 8 (part number 1H0 898 014 A) included both left and right-hand cables - assembly 12 (part numbers 1H0 898 019 & 1H0 898 020) comes as two different kits - about £36 each (inc VAT).

Part number 1H0 898 014 A (both LH & RH cable assemblies) is around £70.

Try and get a discount... I got 10% without even asking! (I think they felt sorry for me owning a 13 year old Corrado!)

If you need any help just get in touch...

Cheers,

Ian

you might need longer than 2 weeks, but you can at least get something else started before you have to wait another week for parts that vw stealers say doesn't exist

Hehe

Have fun

what are the minimal parts i need to fix the prob u had in teh 1st place with teh broken small cast bit on the cable? and obv the runner service kit

oh hang on u answered that before, thought u said more bits than u did, thanks for the help, just need to sell myself to pay for it (have to run a mk2 GOLF gti every day too, and im only 18!)

the problem is that until you pull it apart, there might be other bits you need. General wear will stop it from working, so until it's apart, tis impossible to say, but do it all in one hit, cos removing the headlining, although not difficult is time consuming and annoying

Dic

I know how you feel. My every day car is in need of several new bits and pieces - at least its French so it'll just keep going until something eventually falls off (my money's on the exhaust, but I'm ignoring it for now)!

Keep a look out on eBay or on the for sale bit of the forum... you never know what will crop up

well Ian, I have 2 corrados to deliver to portugal in the next few weeks, and then have to shout at the garage to complete the resurrection of my vr6. So if anyhting falls off then it can saty there and if the car stops, that can stay there too..................oh and I've got to swap an interior over this weekend.

lucky me, oh and come to warrington on thursday to collect a bike.........oh and i'm off to commit guiness..........now

and hey 2corrados, i noticed on teh 1st page u sed summin about "can't mount the panel any more." wot did you mean? and what is the middle of the headlining bonded with? thanks

panlel meaning if you take out the runners, you can't mount the sunroof panel so you have a hole in the roof. headling is bonded with.............ummmmmmmmmm dunno that one, but there is some glue but not sure what it's called.........oops guiness calling ttfn

Oh my god... its YOU that's buying up all the parts from VW then! :wink: Sounds like you've got a bit more work on than me at the mo... good luck with everything