Sign in to follow this  
Bups

Will Mk2 Golf Avo Coilovers Fit a VR Corrado?

As title says will Mk2 Golf 16V Avo Coilovers Fit and handle a L Reg VR Corrado?

Any help will be apprecited..Thanks :)

Thanks for the reply, was just wondering, can i just buy the springs from AVO? And are these a direct replacement?

Sorry to post jack, but will mk3 coilovers fit a Corrado as well? I've noticed a few sellers suggesting they are interchangable.

Thanks in advance

Bernie

Weights are different across the range so I doubt you'll get an exact swap. If they do a different set of coilovers with a different reference number then it's for a reason.

You might be able to get the springs changed, but for the cost and hassle you might as well go for a decent kit.

Gave AVO a call yesterday, they said that the coilovers are the same for 16v mk2 and a vr Corrado although i will need to change the springs on the front because of the weight of the engines, think they said they were £33 each..

Ive got avo coilovers on a mk2 8v do you think they will be ok on my 1.8 16v corrado

I would say so, as the engine weight is not that different

Ive got avo coilovers on a mk2 8v do you think they will be ok on my 1.8 16v corrado

Would have thougt it would be a straight swap also, give AVO a quick call on 01604708101 just to confirm.