Sign in to follow this  
monVR6

Hit a Pothole - Steering wheel now off centre !!

Morning all

Courtesy of one of those large oncoming 4WDs on the lanes this morning I had to drive my way through a fairly hefty pothole that had newly appeared overnight :x

Bit of a nasty suspension crash and now the steering wheel is off-centre (points to 10.30 instead of 12 o'clock as you look at it), but the car still seems to drive OK. I did notice at slow speed on a right turn, it did not want to self-centre though - but I have been driving an old Manta recently, so the term "nice steering feel" is a bit of a distant memory to me at the moment so not totally sure on the general feel :cry:

Does this all sound like the alignment has been knocked out? Anyone ever had any success at compensation for this type of thing?

Cheers all

Sounds like you'll need the tracking re-done... get a pic of the pot hole quick - before it's filled in and get a claim in to the council! i don't know if they pay out every time but it's got to be worth a shot!

Might also be worth getting the wheel that hit the pot hole off the car and checking the inside for any flat spots and to make sure it isn't buckled...

Good luck with it

Definateley take the wheel off and check the inside of it... I had flat spots on both my front and rear wheels after potholing this year.