Sign in to follow this  
randomist

just met the 2nd owner of my car!

just been for a spin down to a local retail park in my lunch break & i'd just parked the car up when this burly chap came running after me! he shouted " how mate, does your car have a tiny tab burn on the rear seat behind the drivers?" once i realised i wasn't about to be carjacked i said yeah it has actually. he then got all excited & animated coz he said thats my old car! apparently he was the 2nd owner after he bought it off a chap from london who stupidly told him he'd just lost his job & wanted a quick sale! so this guy arranges to meet the seller in nottingham with the 16k in his pocket that the car was advertised for! after a test drive & a thorough check over he couldn't find fxxk all wrong with it but cheekily offered him 14k! the seller was gutted but begrudgingly accepted, the daft twxt! he then goes on to say its the best car he's ever had & that he kept it for 5 years which he never normally does! obviously a vw enthusiast coz he'd had golf vr's & was driving a new gti & had put his name down for the new scirocco! how cool is that? not sure if that's classed as a chuftie! :lol:

I'd love to meet the previous owners of my car - specifically the one that swapped the 2.0 block for a 1.8 which cost me a small fortune to put right :mad:

I'd love to meet the previous owners of my car - specifically the one that swapped the 2.0 block for a 1.8 which cost me a small fortune to put right :mad:

Bloody hell, what a gimp!!!

not sure if that's classed as a chuftie!

Id consider that to be a very good chuftie mate.

I hope you winged at him for damaging the seat with a tab burn!!

I hope you winged at him for damaging the seat with a tab burn!!

yeah should've gave him a back hander for being a clumsy f-wit but he was big & scary! :lol:

Purpley-corrado-dude wrote

just been for a spin down to a local retail park in my lunch break & i'd just parked the car up when this burly chap came running after me! he shouted " how mate, does your car have a tiny tab burn on the rear seat behind the drivers?" once i realised i wasn't about to be carjacked i said yeah it has actually. he then got all excited & animated coz he said thats my old car! apparently he was the 2nd owner after he bought it off a chap from london who stupidly told him he'd just lost his job & wanted a quick sale! so this guy arranges to meet the seller in nottingham with the 16k in his pocket that the car was advertised for! after a test drive & a thorough check over he couldn't find fxxk all wrong with it but cheekily offered him 14k! the seller was gutted but begrudgingly accepted, the daft twxt! he then goes on to say its the best car he's ever had & that he kept it for 5 years which he never normally does! obviously a vw enthusiast coz he'd had golf vr's & was driving a new gti & had put his name down for the new scirocco! how cool is that? not sure if that's classed as a chuftie!

Yeah i was the 3rd owner of your car mate, the guy you spoke to must of owned it before me, i put the wheels, suspension etc on it back in bout 1999-2000 i also had a trip to Nurburgring in it as well !!!!

Jimmi........................

just got to find out who had it in the first place then i'll have the whole history of it!

did you sell it to a guy called will from sunderland? think i've spoke to you about this before?

Yeah i also live in Sunderland and i sold it to Will in about 2001, it had done 68k & was stone mint, i think i sold it for about 10k i loved that car, id like to see it again !!

I had to sell it to raise capital to start my business, it was the only motor i have "had" to sell so ill always remember it ! However i suppose it helped me move on to bigger and better things in the end though. I always said id buy another, i bought a 64k miler VR last year as a second car which ive just fitted an EIP tuning Turbo kit to so i suppose L690PBD has a lot to answer for !!!!!

Ill keep an eye out for it !!!!!!!!!!

Jimmi..............................................................

i loved that car, id like to see it again !!

we've been trying to organise a north east meet, you should pop along! hopefully i'll have the wheels refurbished by then! did you put the momos on it? love them wheels but i keep kerbing the twxts!

cool, would love to meet the previous owners of mine.

I'm based in Oxford, and I bought the car from Guildford, from a car dealership. Checking the paper work, all the sevricing for the 3 years before I had it was done in the same road I work on in Oxford! crazy coincidense