Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

methanol

Hobby shops that sell nitro powered planes and cars sell it. Usually around £5-6 a gallon. Can also get it in bulk elsewhere but not sure where from though.

I bought 25 litres from here http://www.aaoil.co.uk/ piece of advice if you spill some on your clothes dont light it like I did (dont ask) otherwise you will end up in casualty like me explaining to the nurse that you are not a selfharmer but are in fact really STUPID :D

I bought 25 litres from here http://www.aaoil.co.uk/ piece of advice if you spill some on your clothes dont light it like I did (dont ask) otherwise you will end up in casualty like me explaining to the nurse that you are not a selfharmer but are in fact really STUPID :D

lmfao that sounds really painfull mate

iv just got water in mine and its sposed to be freezing tonight hope it doesnt split the pump :cry:

especially stupid though after having been in casualty 2 days previously for jumping over a bonfire as a dare at a party and landing on a piece of wood with a 6inch nail in it :oops:

think thats why they thought I was mad.

thought the methanol would just burn like when you gets mths on your hand as a kid however when its soaked into you jeans it another thing entirely, had to jump and roll while someone put my leg out with a towel, no lasting damage though. but yeah it bloody hurt

yep but it has addatives in it, and its supposed to work better with methanol. methanol has on octane rating of 113, this is what it says on the aqua mist website.

I might start washing my hands in the stuff then ive got an excuse to go to the pub lol, on the aquamist website it says no more than 50/50 after that it will make the intake temp's higher.

Holts screenwash has methanol in it.

I wouldn't use too much methanol as it can have a negative affect. I played around with it a lot when I had my 16V Turbo and found 70% water, 30% meth to be the maximum. Any more and the engine actually felt slower.

Be careful with meths. My G/F lectured me on it the other day as I was covering my hands with it, LOL! It soaks into the skin and gets into your bloodstream VERY easily and you can end up in A&E (again, LOL!). However, the cure is quite nice.....drink lots of booze!! Yep, alcohol neutralises Methanol.....cool :-)