Sign in to follow this  
TREVR6

Couple of quick VAG-COM questions.

Just hooked my vag-com up and it came up with two faults, just wondered if someone can shed a little light on the job :?:

Fault 1; o2 sensor adaptation limit surpassed (intermittent) What does this mean? Changed o2 sensor recently cos it was showing o2 sensor no signal (intermittent) reset ecu and performed basic settings after it was fitted.

Fault 2; Maf intermittent short to ground, would unplugging maf to see if car still ran (it didn't) bring this fault up or should I bite the bullet and buy a new maf. Car runs OK most of the time just with the occasional VR standard erratic idle and stalling at junctions.

Both faults cleared and didn't come back, although I haven't been for a good drive to see if they reappear yet as I have to spend an evening with Stella and her 7 sisters! :drinking: :gag:

Any help much appreciated, cheers chaps.

Unplugging the MAF would cause that fault if the ignition was one. Can you post the fault code number for the lambda error?

if they clear and don't come back , don't worry about them. only worry about stuff that's stays there, or keeps coming back.

Can you post the fault code number for the lambda error?

Na forgot to copy the faults to my note pad :oops: I'll see if it comes back and if so post the fault code up,

Cheers.