Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Russ

My Corrado Woes

Right, after spending £800 on my new alternator, starter motor, abs sensor, MOT, service and tax, I finally got to drive my Rado again after 2 months.

So I warmed the car up to a resonable temp and give it some down the back roads for about 10mins, and I get home to smoke pouring out of my bonnet. The radiator had blown and was pi55ing out water. :( :(

And another thing it took me ages to get the bonnet open as I think one of the catches has seazed.

Back to driving the boring rep car then.

Also I got 2 advisorys on my MOT for my rear bushes, what would you reccomend?

after spending £800 on my new alternator, starter motor, abs sensor, MOT, service and tax,

:shock: - That's seems a bit heavy!

£800 sounds about right if it includes the servive and tax etc...

VR6 Russ, this is just a case of age of the car i'm afraid - get the rad fixed first so you can drive the thing...

Axle bushes or read wishbone bushes?? If the axle bushes are bad enough to be picked up on an mot then changing them should completly transform the ride and cornering ability!

If the axle bushes are bad enough to be picked up on an mot then changing them should completly transform the ride and cornering ability!

Everyone always says that but I had the same advisory on my last MOT so I had the bushes changed, as well as having a rear ARB fitted, but didn't notice that much of a difference :? Maybe it depends on how fecked the old ones were?

Anyway, make sure you get VAG parts (£70 inc vat), my mechanic was telling me that pattern rear beam bushes he's been asked to fit to mk2s have needed a fair amount of "persuasion" to go on, whereas the VAG ones drop straight on.

I'm glad I live in Cornwall then :lol:

The southwest is great! My car was in the garage for the best part of two days having a load of new bits fitted and I only got charged £160 inc vat for the labour :)

I know running a car of this age will be costly, I have had the car for over a year now and this is the first major repairs i have needed, so I don't think i've done too bad. People think I am mad keeping it but there is no way I am driving a boring focus about at weekends. They just don't understand.

MOT states its the the sub frame rubber bush that has gone, but are not resulting in excessive movement.

And everything is more expensive in the south east. :x :x