Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

35mm H&R Adapters

Going to fit my Porsche wheels soon which come with 35mm adapters (H&R ones) and i'm just wondering how safe these are? Just that they only have 4 smallish allen key bolts to hold everything on! Going to be using the car everyday and just want to know if there is anything to worry about?

How tight do the allen key bolts have to be? Was just going to use my G60 wheel bolts and a set of mcgaurds locking nuts to put them on (apparently there is 2 sizes though?) will this be fine? Thanks

You really need to use the bolts that come with the adapters to be honest although the g60 ones should be ok?? as far as the allen key bolts are concerned i did them up to the standard wheel bolt torque which is somink like 110lbs or was it 110 nm??? somink like that... pretty tight so they dont come loose!

Cheers Mike, the G60 bolts are rounded at the bottom as are the Porsche wheel bolt holes so i'm pretty sure they should be fine (i hope), i'll do the bolts up quite tight then as i'm not feeling a wheel coming off when drivin'!

i did them up to the standard wheel bolt torque which is somink like 110lbs or was it 110 nm??? somink like that... pretty tight so they dont come loose!

110nm, around 80lb/ft, which is correct. 110lb/ft would destroy your wheels and the adapters before long!

The adapters are perfectly safe and use the supplied bolts only, as said already. I've used 25mm RH adapters into high 3 figure speeds and felt perfectly safe. They don't look safe, but they are, rest assured.

At the end of the day billet aluminium adaptors are wayyyyyy stronger than cast aluminium so if your wheels stay on your adaptors definately will :)

Jay

Got the adapter allen key bolts for adapter>hub but its the wheel>adapter ones i haven't got as the guy i bought them off didn't have them thats why i'm thinking of just using my G60 wheel bolts, is this not a good idea then? Cheers guys

Yeah, the G60 wheel > adapter bolts will be fine so long as the bolt seat is the same. Most wheels use a 60 degree taper seat bolts, so you might want to check that as VW bolts have a round seat. You can't mismatch the two mounting types.

If they are taper bolts, you get them from Ebay and Team Dynamics also sell boxes of 20 which accept the OE plastic covers.