Sign in to follow this  
jekvr6

vr6 fuel problems ?????

my corrado vr6 has played up a couple of time last week it dies and acts as if its ran out of fuel if to touch the gas it dies but ticks over fine and the longer it ticks over the more you can rev it after about 20 seconds its all back to normal ????? don it twice when ive booted it away and died when i put my foot down in 3rd ???? any ideas ?????

Has it been serviced recently? Fuel filter could be old and blocked.

Does it feel smooth when reving ?

some times ok and others it dosnt seam to be pulling as hard as usal its got full vw history was services at 93k its now sone 96k but when i was under it the filter does look old may change it the only other thing i have noticed it it smells of fuel some times down near the front right wing is this where the carbon canaster crap thing

Odd whiff of petrol isn't unusual. Have you checked the fuel hoses on the drivers side of the engine? I found mine to be leaking at the join onto the injector rail.

I am having the same problem. I am going to give the car a complete tun up an let you know if it does anything for it. Is the fuel filter on the drivers side frame rail like most cars? I have a '94 vr6 corrado