Sign in to follow this  
secera76

I need an answer.

Hello,

I'm new on this forum and I need an answer.I don't know where is located the senzor who calculate the fuel consuption(?litres/100km).I think it's broken because on the little screen from the left side of the dash board it looks 40-50%litres/100km.I want to change this senzor but I don't know which is it.Does anyone has a picture with this?

A nice introduction there matey..... Please and thank you's go along way!!!

We are a lovely bunch on here so...

Welcome to the forum :)

I think the sensor your looking for is built into the instrument cluster (if it's the same as Mk1 and Mk2 Golfs). It's a manifold pressure sensor that's used with engine speed to give a rough MPG or Lts/100Km.

The only thing I'm unsure of is that having spent quite a lot of time under the bonnet of my C lately I haven't found a vacuum line that feeds the sensor?

Good thinking! But the one way valve in the vac line before the servo would give incorrect manifold readings (only vacuum).

I needed a manifold line for the Megasquirt last week and ended up coming off the test point on the one way valve, couldn't find anywhere else?

First of all I want to apologise for my bad english.

I will make some pictures tomorrow with my engine because I found a fake conector on the admision.I hope to understand better from the pictures. :roll:

Start by telling us what engine you have...!

The VR, for example, computes the fuel consumption in the CU.

Oh and LHD cars don't have brake vacuum servos.

First of all I want to posty some pictures with my Corrado.I want to repaint it because it doesn't look very well.I wait sugestions if someone has.(for painting of course).After those pictures I will put others with the senzor I need.