Sign in to follow this  
nocrap

New rear wiper blade

Hi all,

Needed a new rear wiper blade so i thought i give one of these retro fit aero blades a crack, also wanted to test it on one of the front wipers to see if i could save myself £70 on buying the lupo ones!

Well testing it one the front wasn't successfull as it only wiped about 1" at either end of the blade, just proving how crud the standard wiper arms are, not even being able to apply enough force to counter act the bend of the blade!

On the back it worked very well, and certainly looks a bit better than a standard blade

Got it from these guys http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/

£11 for an 18" one

Did you click the front ones into position fully?

I had a similar problem with them on my Passat, and found I needed to really realy push them on until they click in.

Corrado arms may be the flaw in the plan though.

Rear looks good!

Ryan S, I assume you have a MkI with single wiper? My early MkII which came from the factory with a single blade ran fine with a "spoiler" blade from Halfrauds in conjuction with Rain-X in fact I found the Rain-X so good I hardly used the wiper!

Tried this same thing with the 'Rado, and whilst it's not quite as good, probably due to the wiper arm disrupting the airflow to the screen, it's a hell of a lot better than without!

^ yep single wiper - retro cool 8)

I've got a spoiler thingy on there too, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I saw an ad a while ago for these and hadn't got round to investigating them.

It's not that much of a problem - I try to avoid driving it in the rain anyway...

Rain-X - I should put some of that on my other cars - it's been sat in the cupboard for 6+ months! :cuckoo:

Yeah never went back.. esp on side windows! The Skyrocket's screen started to bead and clear at about 25mph! I could drive at motorway speeds and have almost perfect visability without the wiper.

Other stuff I tried was called (IIRC) Window Wizard, came in a Pink "bottle" with a sponge applicator. was as good and slightly quicker to apply....