Sign in to follow this  
LowG

got my G back :) fresh bottom

Just got my car back with a new fresh bottom end rebuild,fully balanced crank and rods,new seals and shells,new oil pump core plugs seals ect and the usual service,just taking it easy to run the car in but hell she pulls so smoothley,no shaking or vibration gears move smoothly and picks up nicley, and strangley i see the boost build up faster :? which i cant make up. Taking it for a easy drive to run it in and them have some peasure driving her :D

Cool :D .. Yes, the engine will appear to come on boost quicker as you will have new piston rings so will be making factory compression. Most 100k plus G60's have well worn rings which do not effectively seal and hold boost so you end up loosing precious boost into the crankcase. If tou do a compression test you will be pulling about 11bar, most G60's we have tested are between 8-10bar.

Ture also balancing the crank helped alot to smooth reving,the bottom end i got now is not my original,this block had originally 60k on it so i pressure the bores were better than my old block and new rings and help further,i gotta take it easy for about another 1-2k to run everything in and lossen them up nicley,i took it up to 4k the other night though :D .

so is there a thanks coming for sorting you out then... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D u always the man Darren thnx for helping me out with the engine and there is no need for me to say that as everyone know u 8) 8) .

last nite after the club the races was on as always,i was tempted,i raced a mitsubishi fto 2l 16v and i killed him and i was only reving up to 4k rpm :D ,after driving a diesel for a few weeks and u get back in the G u get a big smile and loads of adrenline