Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Off the Shelf Exhausts -How good at handling EXTREME heat?

Pretty much what we confirmed over msn then, This is why our manifolds are so popular on higher power'd G60's. You will also struggle with 3" over the rear beam and personaly i would just run a 63mm system from the header back this will not be restrictive like i mentioned to you before sam and should sort you problems once and for all.

You will also struggle with 3" over the rear beam

Yep. Cheers for confirming that.

and personaly i would just run a 63mm system from the header back this will not be restrictive

2.5" is plenty big enough 500+whp VR6 turbos in the states, so it'll work fine on the 60 too.

I have a pretty much standard engined g60 but i'm running a stage 4 charger n 68mm pulley n jabba chip n i have a 2.5" downpipe back customstainless steel exhaust system made and when i'm giving it abit of stick the whole system glows bright orange and throws out some flames when changing at around 6kRPM. does this mean i have a some issues with fuelling etc??

Well its confirmed it was a restriction at the convergence of the primaries. Opening it out seems (fingers crossed!!) to have cured it!!!

3" over rear axle is not such a big problem "unless" your car is really low. I dont think 3" exhaust is needed for sub 300hp or so. Big bore exhausts are used more commonly on turbo cars or shall i say cars with bigger turbos in order to decrease backpressure and increase spool/reduce egt. I see a 3" bore on a non turbo car to be kind of loud :lol:

i had a jetex stainless system which was brillient .untill i buggered it up.

but it also ran 3 boxes. but the first box was a resenoic box. it looked like a standard tubluar box but look inside and it didn't have baffles. maybe your first box shouldn't be a baffled box so close to the engine. ?

or just run a striaght 2.5 lenght in.?

or it could be running lean.

just a thought.

As I said - The problem is now cured and was down to teh restriction caused by the laqst pipe of the manifold being a 2" pipe. We cut this off and opened it to 2.5" and put in an Iloc Motorsport fleex joint and it's now fine and not getting so hot to destroy the box

Problem sorted.

Can lock this up if you want mods!

ah ok.

when i bought my tsr manifold it came with a 2 inch collector on it. wird. so before i fitted it i had it chopped off, then a 2.5 felxy on then the cat flange welded on. all good.