Sign in to follow this  
cata

What bolt am I missing? Please Help

After a quick look underneath the car, thought it was quite odd that at the front engine mount, where it sits on top of a wide bar at the very front, spreading front the left side of the car to the right, it had two bolts on the right side but only one on the left???! :shock:

It's missing a bolt and it appears to be very long. Can you guys picture what this is and the name of it or even better the part#? I was told that this can cause a lot of damage to the drivetrain since the engine may get some unwanted play, therefore want to get it fixed ASAP, but need to know what to ask for at the parts store. Oh, and it's a VR6.

Thanks

Its one of the bolts that holds the front bumper on mate, they are about 4" long, dunno of the part no. tho. should be okay driving for a while with it missing tho.

Jimmi...................

I see, are you positive though? because I saw the engine mount resting on it, this is in between the front bumper and the control arms.

Sounds like the bumper bolts to me too, they hold the engine mount in place as well as the bumper. Quick check on etka brings up part no: N 903 059 01

it says it's an M10 bolt, 73 mm long. they're big buggers, with a pointed end. that sound about right?

Yes sounds very much like it. Thanks for the quick response, will get one and hope it will fit.

Is this as serious as I think it is? to have it resting on 3 bolts instead of 4?

I shouldn't think it's too serious, it's not like it's gonna go anywhere, just make sure you sort it out. The only thing i'd worry about is why there's not one in there to begin with. Chances are someone just messed up the bolt (it's very easy to do, ask me how i know ;) ), but you want to hope the thread in the hole's not oversized. Only one way to find out tho!

It means that you can't get the bolt to screw on coz the thread's gone. I wouldn't worry about it until you know though, it's probably just a case of a missing bolt. Unless someone's been at it with an impact driver, it's pretty unlikely.

Good to hear, but if the thread is gone then what would need to be replaced for it to go in...

Please don't tell me it goes straight to the chasis.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it bolts onto the bumper bracket IIRC. I'm sure someone else can say for sure.

It'd either be a matter of getting someone to put a small weld in, or replace the bracket, shouldn't cost much though the bumper would have to come off. But as I said, it's quite unlikely anyway, so fingers crossed for you.