Sign in to follow this  
Trig

->| |<- That close to giving up. :roll:

As you have said trigg, you have to treat a corrado as a hobby. I think we've all been through periods of doubt and want shot, but if someone gave me £15k tommorrow and said spend it all on a fun car i would be stumped.

The only thing thats stirs my soul (within reason) is the last of the aircooled 911's. My father bought his mk4 1.8t gti with 300mls, its a 99 car and now has 37,000mls on. Despite him being as mechanically sympathetic as anyone ive ever seen drive his bills have added up to over 4k since the warranty ran out (not at vw prices either!). Newer car doesnt mean more reliable.

You know your car, you know its faults, it still gets you to work. Its because we all get attached to them that makes us get so upset when every little thing is not perfect. If it were a focus 1.6 you wouldnt give a monkeys if something small didnt work id bet.

Your car is one of my fav's and a credit to you i think. Personally id be very sorry to see you get rid of it. Im struggling to keep mine financially at the mo, but im determined its staying. (i dont think youd find a better one if you sell and want to get another one down the line)

stick it on a 5k a yr low mile policy and buy yourself an old deisal passat saloon to rag to work and back for a few hundred quid!

Trig, Isn't all this part of owning such a car, things breaking.The ups and the downs come with a car like the corrado. Hopefully the ups will out weigh the downs. Stick in there matey.... ive thought about getting rid of the rado before myself. But when i think i could end up driving some boring common car, i think no ill stick with it. Even if it has to be off the road for a while or something has to stay broken for a while. The bits youve listed sound easy enough to sort, and if you feel you dont have the experience or knowledge to fix the problem (like myself more often then not) there is ther forum to help you out.

Hope you make the right choice in the end :thumb right:

If it were a focus 1.6 you wouldnt give a monkeys if something small didnt work id bet.

sooo true nick , i've tried this , buy a car you dont care about , fantastic idea ! run it til it dies , dont have to bother where you park it, no need to get wound up everytime you clean it and notice yet another fresh scratch or dent, dont have worry about certain new sounds or creaks

it didnt work for me mate , i just felt like i'd lost a part of my life, theres an empty space, difficult to explain , you need to have been there , cars have and always will be a hobby/entertainment for me

its difficult to advise tristan as none of us are fully aware of his circumstances and we all look for different things in cars

for instance... something is broken on the car could mean - i'm sick to death of things going wrong and i cant afford to fix it - but to someone else it could be - great i've been dieing for an excuse to upgrade that part

peaks and troughs , its the same with any relationship :-)

I'm now trying to work out whether I can afford to just garage the C and buy an S3 (or similar) without selling. TBH if it hadn't been for all you lot i'd probably be trying to unload it onto someone for a ridiculously low price right now!

Problem is that I have a sizeable credit card bill which the sale of the C could pay off, leaving just loan repayments on the new car. If I don't sell the C i'll have both to contest with, which will obviously make things a little tighter.

With the C in the garage I can take my time sorting out the problems, it'll become a project more than anything and hopefully get it back up to perfect condition.

if money's tight then you're best off buying something cheap to run & insure. any older vw/audi diesel are cheap as owt to buy these days, something like an older passat round about the age of your c will be cheap as chips to buy & insure & they seem to be pretty much bullet proof! if it breaks down just scrap it & get another one! :lol: hondas & mazdas are usually totally reliable cars so maybe look at them. just a few more things for you to think about! :?