Sign in to follow this  
dnac

Power upgrade chips

ok update on chip,

fitted this £30 chip today the ones that are on ebay and i must say that i am well pleased with the difference that it has made to the car, the flat spot that i had when starting off from stand still has more or less gone, actual driving has also changed in that the car is more responsive and pulls better through the gears even if you keep it in,lets say 3rd gear you can feel it wanting to go before you hit the loud pedal hard.

verdict- very good for a cheap mod( at least in my car )

fitting wise, getting the ecu out of the car was a bit of a pig, other than that quite straight forward, my chip was not soldered in so it was just prise the old one out and push the new one in ( carefully that is )

keep us upto date if anyone else has a go with one :D

on the vr6 you have to take off the plastic moulding above the ecu on the lhs to reveal the nuts/bolts to unfix the ecu

on the 16v you need to take out the plastic air vent which is on the rhs to give you a bit more room so that you can slide the ecu over but its still tight

Thought i'd resurrect this thread......just wanted to know if the people who have used one of these chips have had any problems, etc?

the only problem that i have had with it was this week when i put the car through an m.o.t , the emission levels were off the scale :(

other than that no problem 8)

Will2 Where did you get your chip from?

I have slight flat spots/ hesitancy from cold as well.... Plus may team it up with a KR cam upgrade soon too!