Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Lewis Hamilton gets Mclaren Drive

Ummm think they would of been better to see how he went over the winter testing, then decided...he might be crap ;-) but lets hope him and Alonso gets a decent car from McLaren then see if they can take on Kimi in the Ferrari

And am a McLaren fan!

Good luck to him

Ummm think they would of been better to see how he went over the winter testing, then decided...he might be crap ;-) but lets hope him and Alonso gets a decent car from McLaren then see if they can take on Kimi in the Ferrari

And am a McLaren fan!

Good luck to him

He has been testing with Mclaren for a while now. He is Ron Dennis protege (sp)

He is only 21 as well, lucky boy :twisted:

Yeah he was in this morning for the formal announcement we weren't invited though cos we're cars scum to the F1 team. He seems like an alright guy too, eats in the staff cantine with everyone else unlike that raikkennennenen fella.

Be interesting to see if he can cut it with the big boys. Personally I'm not sure he really has got the magic required... more a "David Coulthard" than a "Nigel Mansell" I think... but I may be proved wrong.

I wish him luck. If he's not immediately quick at McLaren his F1 career will be fecked pretty quickly...

... more a "David Coulthard" than a "Nigel Mansell" I think... but I may be proved wrong.

I take it you didn't see him overtake two cars at the same time on a corner at silverstone this year then? :wink:

I take it you didn't see him overtake two cars at the same time on a corner at silverstone this year then? :wink:

Yeah that was one excellent bit of racing, but that was just bit in a brilliant season by him.

He is top driver and once he has got his teeth into racing in F1 I think he is our best hope for the next UK F1 Champ. 8)

He's great in GP2, ane hope he still shines in F1.

I really miss the Senna days :-( He was the best!

I noticed a news story this morning, David Coulthard slagging him off already. I say good luck to the guy and well done McLaren for giving him the chance.

Why do we have such a negative attitude in this country? It's no wonder we have so much trouble in sports at world level, nobody is ever simply encouraged to get out there, compete and do their best, it's always the big build up followed by the even bigger knock down.

People give Jenson Button a hard time yet he's won and he's a regular on the podium. Put in perspective, he's in the top hand full of the top 20 or so drivers on the planet and journalists still manage to encourage us as a country to say he's no good???

People have already forgotten that Jensen Button absolutely pounded everyone he raced in before he got to F1. Tremendous prior success in lower formulae is no guarantee of anything, as generally these are the best circuit drivers in the world.

I'm not saying Hamilton won't be a success, but being champion is something else altogether...