Sign in to follow this  
dom

steering

cf newbie

i have a 1.8 16valve c the problem i have is when driving car in a straight line i can feel the car shaking throught the clutch pedal when you turn the car steering wheel to the left it stops you only have to turn it slightly to the left then when you turn it back to the right the shaking starts again morer noticeable when driving at about 50mph upwards helllllllp :(

Tracking? Are the tyres wearing on both outer, or both inner edges?

But tbh it sounds more likely to be the steering rack, because it seems to be dependent on putting pressure through the power assistance system to the right. Does the vibration only occur when you're driving along, or does it still happen if you steer while the car is stationary?

had tracking done twice so dont think it will be that it is worse depending on the type of road dont know if this is anything to do with it but when i am turning corners to the right there is rumbling noise only realy noticeble at low speeds when car not running and you turn the steering wheel to the left you get a clicking noise that you can also feel at the clutch pedal it does not do it when you turn to the right :scratch:

Did you ever think about trying punctuation? Here; Have a selection of commas and full stops to make the above sentence into English ;) :

....... ,,,,,,,,

I mean: "only noticeable at low speeds when car not running" .. What? Low speeds? Car not running? Mutually exclusive, no?

Thing is, I might be able to work out what you're saying, but tbh it's open to debate, and could be interpreted a few different ways, so best if you re-state it more clearly so we really understand what you're seeing. :)

sorry about the writing but i am dyslexic strugle when it comes to writing lettersa i struggle a bit :(

sorry about the writing but i am dyslexic strugle when it comes to writing lettersa i struggle a bit :(

Surely you feel guilty now dr_mat

Welcome to the forum dom!!!

Surely you feel guilty now dr_mat

Guilty? A little I suppose. :)

Sorry dom, but I really couldn't understand what you meant!

when the car is parked, and i turn the steering to the left you get a clicking that you can feel through the clutch peddle.When driving car normally the clutch peddle you can feel it knocking. If you turn it slightly to the right it stops, but if you turn it back to the left again the knocking comes back its worse depending on the road conditions.

Hmm, gotta be the steering rack I would imagine .. something to do with the power assistance valves, but tbh it's a weird one.

thanks for the help was hoping it wasn,t going to be that

its in garage in two weeks for tyres so maybe some thing will come to light then