Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

Sunroof panel removel help please!!

Rite ive noticed in the interior that im hving a bit of dampness coming thro the headlining! ive cleaned out all the drain plugs and the ducts! then i had a look at the allignment of the sunroof and it seems tho on the side where the water is coming through that it sits higher than the otherside!

So i had a look on another thead to see how to resolve the problem with accessing the 4 thorx screws on underside of the sunroof but the problem im having is removing the sunroof headling! It should slide back but my moves half an inch then nothing is there any otherway of getting to the 4 screws or any pointers on how to easily push the headling on the sunroof back???

Cheerz in advance!!

can't quite remember, but I thought the torx screws were accessible from the sides with the roof tilted up but not having to remove the interior trim panel? - no probably not, they're on the inside aren't they :)

After fiddling around for a while I discovered the best way to remove my interior panel was to tilt the roof up about 1/3 of the way and then pull the tilting bit of the lining backwards, it's a bit stiff but it should come away and slide back slightly, then will drop down flat and you can slide the whole lining back into the main headlining of the car leaving the metal roof still in the slightly tilted position. Careful you don't push the lining too far back and lose it in the roof though!

remove the headlining from the sunroof by pushing it backwards with the sunroof open

there are four drain points , one at each corner

So can the drain points be accessed by tilting the roof then removing the panel lining? As i keep getting a wet footwell, but thought you had to slide the sunroof back (which mine refuses to do) in order to access the drain points.

Sorry for the thread hijack btw...

mattnorgrove, no mate , the headlining has to come out or at least be dropped to get to the drain points, you can see the front ones if you slide the sunroof

this pdf might help ;-)