Sign in to follow this  
heyzy

FK Konigsports

I have fitted some FK Konigsports to my VR the ride quality is alright but i when i go over speed humps even at slow speed the car seems to jump up and clunc as if the damper is reaching it full extension.Has anybody else experienced this. Cheers .

Are they damping adjustable? If so they probably just need setting up properly. If not then they should be fine and most probably fitted badly.

too soft and they bounce to easy , the hard and they will jump on bumps - sounds as though your on one of the extremes , just need setting from the sounds of it , should be top adjustable using the white plastic key

heyzy, i would they are probably bouncing , have a play til it suits your driving , they're easy to adjust (well at the front anyway lol)

When I had my konigsports fitted they were really stiff, even set to soft, but free'd up after driving with them for a while.

mine were very harsh to start with. someone told me to set them hard and drive for 2 weeks then adjust them softer again. They are now as soft as poss on the back and half a turn front and i think they are great tbh.

Not so good on 17s but on the 16s with a big drop they are no harsher than the OE setup imo

you got new top mounts? if its clonking it may be those, or perhaps one is not seated correctly.

I am running on 17 alloys and although i have never adjusted the rear dampers they are set on softest whatever adjustment i make to the front the problem is still there though it does improve when its at its firmest. My top mounts are about 2 years old. Its not too good on the motorway either. Maybe they could be fitted wrong but i cant see how. Cheers for your replies.