Sign in to follow this  
craziscot

Sticky Clutch Pedal

The clutch pedal on my 94 VR6 sticks down and has to be lifted with my foot. Normally only happens early in the morning.

Difference is today it was doing it when I set off, then eased off with regular round town changing, went for a longish run on the M4, on coming off the slip road the clutch was sticking again, parked up and left it for about 2 hours. Came back, still sticking, once on the motorway again, in fifth gear when I ease of the accelerator pedal the clutch pedal is being pulled down to the floor without me touching it.....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, need the car for run from Swindon to Glasgow Friday????

When was the fluid last changed?

It will be a leak in the hydraulics - most likely the slave cylinder, if it's been doing it for a while then you may start to see signs of fluid leaking on top of the gearbox.

No idea when the fluid was last changed, bought the rado from a dealer about 8 months ago, with lots of service history but not a great deal of information on anything else........

Bit of a mechanical newby, where should I be looking? What needs replaced if it is the slave cylinder and more to the point how much will it cost!?

Realised all in I'm about 2/3 of the way to an R32 with what I've spent on the rado!!!!! Love the rado would never part with it out of choice, but days like this make me sad.... :( :(

mines been doing exactly that for about a yr. sticks when cold basicaly.

master cylinder is not a huge amount in the scheme of things, but its a ripper dealer price (as usual). £70 rings a bell. im going to leave mine until it gives up completely. I have changed the fluid too :-(