Sign in to follow this  
AB

2ltr

hi i am putting a 2ltr 9A into my 1800 it is on carbs but are there any bits i need to change or will it drop straight in. i am slightly confused about these oil spray jets. but i am using the whole block and head so it should sit in and run right? and help would be great.

Due to both engines appearing to be the same in every engine bay i've seen, i'd guess you could do a straight swap

thats what i was thinking. cheers.

yep, straight in, there are minor differences on some anciliaries like the connections on the starter motor and possibly some of the temperature senders on the side of the head, as long as you have a complete 2L and all the bits from the old 1.8 you should be fine, things like the oil filter housings fit differently too but not a problem if you have the ones from the 2L block. If you need to the 1.8 head just goes straight on the 2L block with the standard 2L head gasket.

thanks for that really helpful. i should be fine as i have the whole 2ltr corrado to donor bits from. thanks.