Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

my free VR6

well after getting my hand's on a knackerd VR6 for free i was thinking of selling it for a couple of hundered quid because it still has tax and mot, but after hearing it running (i never knew how good they actualy sound) i'm thinking of doing it up.

A quick one first when it's ticking over its fine but if you rev it high the oil buzzer goes off, when you look at the oil cooler the are (what i imagine to be) oil pressure switches one high one low (if its like my old valver) any way the one on the left the wire has snaped off it not had chance to reconnect it yet but does sound like the answer to the buzzer going off.

yeh i had the same thing when i forgot to replace it when fitting my charger, just put the wire back on and it should stop.

nice one. my bro is doing this as a joint project now so in the new year will taking the engine out and starting the rebuild, so ill be looking for some parts

will do, sorry to say this but i always thought of the VR6 as a bit of a tractor engine, but now ive sorted the leak and drove it, my view has totly changed