Sign in to follow this  
Slimg60

Will 16V downpipes fit a G60?

The 8 and 16v down pipe will both fit but the 8v is 5-mm smaller so the system won't fit without an adapter and neither have the location for a lambda sensor. I use a G60 down-pipe on 2L 8v G2 conversions so I can run a cat bypass for a lambda sensor fitting (piggy back or aftermarket EMS) then into a 16v G2 system.

9A 2.0 valver downpipe def. fits to G60 8v ex. mani.,i had to fit 1 when i had the 16v-G60 engine in.

Yes, a 9A 2L 16v one, 358 253 087. One from an ABF 2L 16v G3 may prove to be awkward as it is designed for a tall block.

Sorry if OT but is you crasher from Preformance golf magazine?,i used to sometimes be able to locate that mag here in Rome and,if i'm not mistaken,you used to write 'Crashers corner'??,exellent write-ups with good tech. info.

I don't suppose you have any old mags you wanna get rid of?...

Thanks for the help guys, managed to get hold of the correct pipes, should arrive tomorrow. then the task of fitting them. :?

The only tricky bit are those bloody 17mm nuts holding it on to the ex. mani.,grab a long extension and 2 universal joints and you should be ok,check the gasket's intact aswell and put some copperease on the threads before re-fitting.