Sign in to follow this  
Craig!

G60 Flywheel + Clutch Options For Big Power

Hi Guys,

I own a SEAT Ibiza 1.8T but I've been reading these forums for a while now, plus a friend owns a G60. I'm in need of a little bit of advice, over the next few months I'm going to be going for big power, 370bhp+ but before any of the power I'm just finishing off the general base of the car.

I've got a Peloquin ATB Differential on order, and whilst I've got the gearbox out to fit that I'll also be upgrading the clutch. I've decided to junk the dual mass flywheel and go for a 228mm G60 item, one question is do I go for a lightened and balenced one or stick to the standard weight unit?

Does anyone know the weight of the standard G60 flywheel, and the weight(s) of lightened items, which brings me onto another subject; Who supplies G60 Flywheels at reasonable prices? Any supplier details you can give would be much appreciated.

Finally the clutch, the most important part of transferring the engine power to the gearbox. I need a clutch that will cope with up to 390bhp and similar torque :twisted:, two options I've been looking at so far is SPEC Stage 3 and XTD Clutches (found on eBay.com) however what are large power G60 and VR6 Turbo/Supercharged owners running? And again details on who supplies what is appreciated.

Thanks for you time,

Craig! :lol:

I know a VR flywheel weighs 18lbs, and I have a lightened (machined down) G60 flywheel here which weighs 10lbs.

My VR6 alloy Fidanza flywheel weighs 6lbs.

Check out Helix Autosport for clutches. I've been running an organic clutch for a few years and thought it was great, just upgraded to a sintered paddle clutch (haven't fitted it yet).

I have all the parts you need but it's already provisionally sold to a member of this forum, I just need to get of my arse and get a postage price (which is annoying for you, as I live in York, and travel right past you to Redcar on a regular basis!)