Sign in to follow this  
scoobyd00

Clutch pedal returns but unable to select gear O2A G60

Gear selector works correctly, pedal returns albeit slower than normal. When putting car in gear a crunch can be heard when the pedal is fully pushed into the floor!

When the pedal is released it returns with no more crunching... but alas no drive! - all gears same.

Is this still likely to be the hydralic system - i.e. Ez bleed job or is it something else.. the reason I ask is I thought that the pedal to the floor scenario was usually the hydralics - I still get the pedal to return.. just no gears...

Please help..

take the slave cylinder out of the gearbox and see if you can manually lever the clutch arm over. see if it's enay different with the whole hydraulic side of things bypassed.

take the slave cylinder out of the gearbox and see if you can manually lever the clutch arm over. see if it's enay different with the whole hydraulic side of things bypassed.

Will do it just now, should there be resistance - sorry can you give me more details - meanwhile I'll nip out and take the slave out... thanks

yes, there will be a lot of resitance. you won't be able to just push it in by hand. at least you shouldn't.

yes, there will be a lot of resitance. you won't be able to just push it in by hand. at least you shouldn't.
Lol... had a think.. eventually put her in reverse before I could remove the LH side bolt.. pesky thing lol - ok so I can put moderate preasure on the slave and it does indeed push in.. slooooowly comes back mind no leaks from the slave side - I can hear a noise from the resivour container as I pus the actuator arm into the cylinder itself. No sounds coming from the pedal box but will have a nosey around there shortly.

So.. I can feel the release bearing when I put my finger into the box... :twisted:

About 10mm of play - i.e. I can push back and forth.

I don't think my finger would put up with pushing any harder whats next?

Got an EZ Bleed... worth a shot?

The pedal does return but is altogether a bit limp wristed in its action..

i didn't mean push the cylinder!

i meant he clutch arm. what do yo mean you can feel the bearing? please don't tell me you stuck your finger in there with the engine running!!!?

i meant he clutch arm. what do yo mean you can feel the bearing? please don't tell me you stuck your finger in there with the engine running!!!?

... Slave removed.... finger intact.. whats next..

... Slave removed.... finger intact.. whats next..

Come back in.. another time then.. ta...