Sign in to follow this  
plateletboy

master cylinder - air at bleed nipple

The brakes on my VR6 are really bad. the pedal almost touches the floor, and you can only just set the abs off.... Pedal doesn't sink if you leave your foot on it though...

I have bled through the entire system with new fluid - the old was near black..!! and from every nipple i can find, with no bubbles anywhere until i get to the brake master cylinder nipple... It streams tiny air bubbles from it and they dont disappear with +250ml of fluid put through....?!?!?!

So how can air get into the master cylinder like this without any fluid leaking out..?!?!? oh, and yeah there aren't any leaks that i can find, and fluid doesn't go down

any help much appreciated,

pb

Anyone..?? I really don't want to buy a £180 master cylinder and find out it isn't that....

What about other cars with the same master?? Do all VR6's have the same brake master cylinder if i go to a scrappy??

Some guy was selling one on eBay that was supposed to be VR6, but he said it had 2 outlets, I'm thought mine only has one output going to the ABS system.....