Sign in to follow this  
ilovemycar

The "Oh My God what's wrong with my car NOW thread..&qu

As well as the driver's door handle snapping, and needing a new clutch, now, when I turn full lock to the right at slow speed, there's a horrible graunching and creaking sound from the front wheel arch area - presumably it's the shocks but I suppose it could be anything..

Also when I brake hard the steering wheel judders. I tell you, my car is driving on very thin ice at the moment, it had better watch its back. :x

hmm, it has just had new front wheel bearings AND new strut mounts!! Actually I think they called them strut bearings, are they different? What's an arm mount?

The back shocks have been compaining for a while, so maybe they're all disintegrating together? Maybe it really really wants to be lowered, perhaps it's trying to tell me something.

If you can afford it then i would give it a complete overhaul, new suspension (lowered looks best), new bushes, bearings etc etc and it will drive superb and you wont regret it :)

I know. I really think I might have to do this, as the steering is pretty shonky too, so that needs looking at.

This car is how I imagine having a really gorgeous but high maintenance girlfriend must be. You really love them, but sometimes they make you bang your head on the table because they are so damn frustrating. And expensive.

This car is how I imagine having a really gorgeous but high maintenance girlfriend must be. You really love them, but sometimes they make you bang your head on the table because they are so damn frustrating. And expensive.

Hahahaha thats EXACTLY what they are like :lol:

I know. I really think I might have to do this, as the steering is pretty shonky too, so that needs looking at.

Thats spot on - I'd love to buy my missus a corrado so she could realise what it is like - but she's only make me look after it and also foot the bill!!!!

This is the 3rd year in the road that my Corrado has been off the road in january due to one fault or another (2 years consecutive for the storm and the one before for a valver)....

Must just be that time of the year.

Also when I brake hard the steering wheel judders.

I had this, turned out to be warped brake discs, fortunately they were still under warranty....

Mine is giving me the very same sounds from the front off side wheel when on full right lock! The Phirm think it's down to the wheel bearing or CV joint but aren't too sure as it's a very odd sound! Both will be changed in the next month or so and I guess we'll find out then... I also need a front engine mount too so am avoiding driving it for the time being! Not such a problem since yesterday though as I picked up my new company car - thank god 8)

Let me know how you get on if you get it sorted before I do as it does seem like a bit of a mystery to me

Hmm, the brakes aren't fantastic, so maybe new discs are a good idea anyway.

It also makes a similar creaking sound from behind the driver's side, when going downhill on bumpy roads or turning right with a bit of momentum - sounds like it's coming from above where the rear shocks would be, like just behind where the driver's door pillar would be.

I have just had new wheel bearings, and it only started doing the graunch yesterday, turning into Sainsbury's petrtol station and then trying to do a 360 turn in a side road. I wonder if you can hear it from the outside?

Our VR is making a strange noise from the front wheel too. We just cannot find out where it's coming from. Garage said CV joint is ok, wheel bearings have been done, just putting up with it for the time being hoping that something doesn't fall off :roll:

I wonder if you can hear it from the outside?

Best way to find out, get a passenger and get them to stick their head out and have a listen..

Have a look at the shocks and see what they are looking like, no leaks etc??