Sign in to follow this  
hayes100

whats wrong?

hello i have got so many problems with my rado right just wondered if anyone had the same symptons as this meybe give me some help with it. so i am havang a starting problem turns over ok just takes ages to fire up when its cold to fix that i have had ht leads and spark plugs its not worked at all so far its been into 2 garages and neither have given me a answer also it is very lumpy my mpg have droped like a stone and has lost some of its power (missing on maybe 2 cylinders) i lost a litre and a half of oil into the engin through the breather hose but fixed that hopefully any way if this sounds like anything you have had any help welcome

im a newbie to the forum looks great though

i have had the temperature sender done and had it pluged in several times but vw don't have the information on the corrado on there computer which is stupid in my opinion it starts with a white smoke (smells really petroly) it does idol hasn't stalled yet and i have a coil pack i thought that could be the startig problem but i was also told it could be the injectors that are dodgy its only one 80 000 miles when i took it on a rolling road for a laugh he said it had a missfire mid throttle probably the injectors but i don't wanna have them changed if thats not it cus that will be alot of money

Overfuelling could be caused by a lambda probe or associated wiring problem. Also, the MAF could be playing up.

I don't quite understand the reference to losing all that oil; can you clarify - did it get digested by the engine due to a breather problem? If so, it may have damaged your catalytic converter - have a friendly MOT tester do a quick exhaust analysis.

Best wishes

RB

Misfiring on two cylinders, if that's what it's *actually* doing, points very squarely to the coil pack.

right been to tsr performance it was a new coil pack and the other thing is he said the k&n induction kit is to small so i have a bigger one comming soon by ram air also he said the spark plugs are sooting up with oil he said it needs a new engine! for 3 grand i think that can wait i think its soot left from the oil leak in through the breather hose but he said its more likely to be the bad wear on the pistons or something leaking oil but its alot better but is still missing slightly but so small im not gunna worry pulls like anything again so i will wait a year and have a new engine then if its that bad. thanks to everyone

the smelly fuel issue-check for perished fuel lines on start up-from the fuel rail to the silver velcro casing.hope this helps.