Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Chrome Fan Switches

Anyone installed the chrome heater switches that are available on Ebay? My car has a black leather interior and I was looking to brighten it up but wanna see how these look? Difficult to gauge from the photos on Ebay.

Cheers

I was thinking that - but thought they might look better fitted. I like the chrome circular surrounds for the switches better. Have no idea where to get them though.

Cheap looking and naff, only in my opinion of course!

Id agree with that, they look to shiny and plasticy..

I have them and they DO look plasticy and they DO look fake, i dont like them! I got them off ebay and they dont even fit right!

Yeah - I do like them better - you guys are confirming what I thought. I like the black leather interior but sometimes think it just needs brightening up a little - so got silver gauge surrounds, thinking about chrome door pulls and just need to spice up the centre of the dash a bit.

Yeah - I do like them better - you guys are confirming what I thought. I like the black leather interior but sometimes think it just needs brightening up a little - so got silver gauge surrounds, thinking about chrome door pulls and just need to spice up the centre of the dash a bit.

This is exactly what i am thinking although i have cloth interior its still the late black cloth so the interior is very dark. I fitted my DDI dials before xmas and i got them with the bezel alluminium rings and i couldnt believe how much more modern they made the dash look! After being ina few modern VW's and Audi's i think justa few brushed aluminium/chromw touches will make the world of difference :D

EDIT: Also changing the interior lights from green to red make it look more modern as well as all modern VW's and Audi's have red interior lights. I have done mine and they look superb with the dials 8)

Yeah herisites - I totally agree - I've done my dash lighting in the new VW style - I'm waiting for my aluminium bezels - just wanna lighten the cabin up a bit - sometimes I wish I'd gone for cream leather.

100% chav, next you'll be fitting neons :lol:

Ive already got neons, including the exhaust neon, nowt wrong with them!

Shouldn't really admit to this after all the chav references!!!

I went ahead and sprayed my dials "chrome" last year to brighten up the cockpit a bit. My stereo has a liver surround and silver dials and looked out of place, but as soon as the three heater dials were silver, it looked the part.

My spray job didn't come up as shiney as I would have liked, but with the slightly less than chrome look, they don't stand out as something that shouldn't have been that colour in the first place...