Sign in to follow this  
Duecenickletreyg60

G60 Upgrades

I recently had my g-ladder rebuilt and ported, i also purchased a 68mm pulley. I'm Planning on buying a new FPR 3.5bar and a Epron from Bahn brenner. I also am ordering up an RSR outlet kit. Is there anything else i should look into buying before installing this level of performance parts? i thought about a cam but read that the gains are not that great and that the stock cam does the job. Let me know what you think!

BIG front mount intercooler is pretty much one of the best performance upgrades for a G60, closely followed by an uprated oil cooler....

Cam can add a lot to an already tweaked G60 engine, but won't do a huge amount to a standard one....

Gas flowing/porting will provide you with big results too.... head, inlet and exhaust manifolds, throttle body and charger all benefit well from a bit of porting and gas flowing... 8)

Mocal Oil cooler is the next thing that should be on your list really - the RSR oulet will allow enought room for you to fit the mocal sandwich plate and get shot of the factory heat exchanger using 2 water pipes from a mk1

Does your G60 have AC? If so the front mount intercooler might not be an option because there is no room unless you get rid of the AC all together...

Good point that, LuisG, as I'm facing the same dilemma. I don't want to miss out on my aircon, though, so that's the bigger IC out of the window :lol:

Although there have been people who've somehow managed to pullt his off (not seen it in the flesh myself, though, so can't judge on how tidy a solution it is).

Tempest

its good having big horse power but its nothin if it can not go around bends. have a look at up grading the suspension, tyres, brakes. my personal view, many will dis agree. all the best anyway with the up grade

I got a good slug of extra midrange with a 268/272 cam but I'd say go for an exhaust and manifold if you haven't alreay done so plus the other things mentioned above. You may not need the 3.5 bar FPR. I had a similar spec to you with an SNS chip, 68mm pulley and a cam and the stock FPR was fine- the SNS chip was set up with a wideband and it had no fuelling issues even under hard load. Oil cooler is a must especially as it gets a bit warm accross the pond! ;)

Duecenickletreyg60, (from what ive herd from this forum over the years), changing the cam - shifts the torque from bottom end to top end, i have left mine as standard and think with all the speed camera round at the mo its best left that way, if u want to upgrade ur g60 i would chip ur ecu to match ur charger , 4 branch super sprint manifold, lighten fly wheel, front mounted ic, screw the ac, (if its that hot get down the pub), ditching the ac will also give u abit more performance then add an oil cooler. porting the engine would be sumthing id do after all that, but thats my opinion, others might disagree....

good luck and do it b4 summer coz u dont want to be tinkering on the motor when ur buds r down the pub ....

What cam do you guys use in your 8v G60s?

Is it a special / different type of cam for the forced induction motor, or can a cam from a naturally aspirated motor be used... coz I've got a 268 reprofiled cam that i had in my old 1600 golf motor, and was wondering if it would work...? If do change the cam it go will a 68mm pulley and a dyno tune to remap my gotech fuel management system...

Thanks

So the best mods engine wise are.

Remap, 68mm pulley, stage 4 charger, oil cooler, manifold/decat/stainless system, fmic.

Anything else i have missed? How much would these bits and bobs cost?