Sign in to follow this  
del68

NEED HELP!!!!

I'm going to have a look at this at lunchtime today,

1991(H) VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO G60, 120000 miles, £1,950ono, Metallic Burgundy, Full History, Sunroof, Stereo, Electric Windows, Alarm, Central Locking, Power Assisted Steering, Alloy Wheels, Immobiliser, 190bhp Reason for sale moving house.,

There's no mention of a rebuild on the charger or if it has one, and where would he have got an extra 30 bhp? Any other questions I should be asking or anything in particular I need to look for. I'm not a machanic or especially knowledgable on cars.

Anything I can get back in the next couple of hours would be greatly appriciated!!

Well a bit of supercharger work could have got the car up to 190BHP..

Either that or he doesn't know what he is selling and he could have just got the figures for the VR6 by accident :)

Sounds like a chip and pulley to me- that gives about 190 with an exhaust.

Flowing of the supercharger wouldnt give that sought ofincrease on its own.

With that sought of mileage although not to high and it being supercharged you really want to take someone with you who knows about cars to check it out for you.- if you dont know anyone then maybe get inspected by the AA or ask a local garage.

James

I've just spoken with the seller, he's selling it for his bro-in-law. The charger has not had a recent rebuild but it has been moded! What, he does not know, hence the low price. How much should it cost to get the charger sorted? And how long does it take? I'm itching to get my first rado but don't want a lemon. Have a guy who appears to know his stuff going with me now.

Just had a chat with 16VG60, he's happy to answers any Q's I have and has given me a price for the rebuild if needed, which sounds most likely! I'll hopefully post some pics and more info this afternoon. Cheers for all you rhelp guys!!

good luck with the car..! leew done a great what to look for guide on this forum... doa serch for it if i were u as it has loads of pricless info on it..... i think i regonise that g60 ?

Right here we go!!!

Used to belong to an Irish dentist who lived in Waterlooville nr Portsmouth 1 min walk from his practice.

Car has been stored for 4 years, MOT certs prove this on mileage.1st 4 services done at VW stealers 80% of rest of servicing done at a local independant garage,

Has every reciept for everything ever bought for it. Including wax & shampoo!!

Body work is exellent. couple of v small stone chips on bonnet, all sills, wheel arches etc in good nick, no rust.

Engine compartment, not very clean but OK for age of car, a few new hoses are visible. rust spots on strut mounts and by battery but thats it.

No eveidence of the charger EVER having been rebuilt. Seller confirms this.

Electrics, c/l Ok, mirrors ok, bit sticky, s/r tilts but won't slide. spoiler works fine both when driven (40mph) and when switched.

BBS alloys look ok , one or two kerb scuffs.

All in all looks very tidy, I can feel it's pull!!! Almost hypnotic :D !! I want but will listen to any advice. I'll post some pics later.

yeah, sounds too good to be true for the price.

the money you'll save can be invested in the charger, and any other niggly problems you may find

alsoif you going to have the charger serviced you might aswell have it ported then you are killing too birds with one stone.... "peace of mind and upgrading all in one""

I was pipped at the post by another potential buyer over the weekend 18/19 Oct, Wasn't too worried as I'm a bit more serious about Stormys 16v. Had a call from the seller today. The last guy pulled out of the sale so they are still looking for a buyer.

THE SUPER CHARGERS ****** it makes all sorts of noises when driven and the PAS pump is on its way out.... i went and viewed it but did not buy it coz it needed toooooooooo much work but hey its your money....