Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

Whilst fitting a screw charger

Just ordered a screw charger from darren, whilst in bits I have a new sump gasket to fit, im going to put a new water pump and oil pump on. Can anybody think of anything else that is worth doing whilst my c is in bits. Im on a tight budget now so be kind lol.

Cheers everyone...

how many miles has the engine done?

you are probably going o be putting alot more boost through the engine, so it needs to be in tip top condition

Rob

Engines done a 110,000. It pulls really well and runs fine. Plugs etc are fine. Was thinking along the lines of crank shells and rod bolts. Didn't know if that type of thing would be worth doing. Im looking to rebuild my engine and increase its capacity when i saved up again lol.

Thought id drag this back up rather than starting a new thread. Im at the point where im going to be buying a water and oil pump for it. Are there particular makes that people favour and is it a case of you get what you pay for? Also what size oil coolers do people generally fit to their g60s?

Thanx again.

water pump is around 25 quid exchange from vag. oil pump is also cheap from vag - around the same i think (though best to confirm with someone else). oil coolers - you can fit a mocal 13row remote cooler - lots of info on the forum about this - and can purchase for around 130 for a kit from gwerks or other suppliers. can be fitted in front of the radiator or if running a fmic, where the stock ic used to be for improved airflow. definately worth doing.

I paid £90 for a genuine g60 pump about a year back, think there are other suppliers but might be best to go genuine on this part

Yeah thanx sam g60 was considering a genuine one.

flusted: after doing a bit of searching mate i read that a bigger than 15 row cooler wont let the oil get up to temp, so was just gonna go for a 13 to be on the safe side lol.