Sign in to follow this  
dom

stop start

Seem to have deleloped a starting problem ,one moment you can get in the car and it will fire up is taking a bit longer to start than usual you leave it come back to it it wont start this isn,t every time never can tell when it is going to happen

tryed jump leads still no joy the only way to get it started is by bump starting fires up straight away been in garage today to get it looked over mechanic can,t find anything obvious seem to think it is the seals on the injectors .

but when driving the car runs okay no signs of air getting in could this really cause the problem

don,t think it could be that or could it? thats a new one have you had problems with ignition switch before?

when i start the car and it does star its a bit like you have run out of petrol then put some in and started it again there is that little delay while it pump back through

what would be the best route go down if you were to try and eliminate items any idea on prices

Relays are obviously cheapest, but you can tell one fault from the other by the exact symptoms. Have a dig around in the search, there's lots of people had similar probs before.

sorry guys allways forget 1.8 valver not been to bad for starting last 2days the garage said it was running a bit lean so they adjusted it

never can tell ,getting new seals on saturday so who knows :lol:

It might be the fuel pressure valve/none return valve on the fuel pump. Had a simular prob on a 88 cab I had. Sometimes it would start fine other times nothing. Was a bit of a pig to change especially in the road on a jack in november but cured the problem. It keeps the fuel pressurisd when the cars not running otherwise it can evapourate in the fuel lines and cause an air block or something like that, and then it won't start. think the pumps are the same for the 16v and the 8v but I could be wrong. might be worth looking at though.

just had a look at the pump some muppet as butched all three screws that hold the pump in the housing hurray :x

looks like i,m going to have to get a new fuel pump housing changed filter a little over a mounth ago

I have the opposite effect screws start to turn give me hope they are going to un do then they go and break lol :lol: