Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

Front Seatbelt Reassembly ! only pull a few mm's before lock

Im busy rebiuilding the interior on one of my corrados and i have a bit of a problem ! I completely removed the front seatbelt setup and the reels retracted into the reel. The problem is i now cannot pull them back out, no matter haw slpwly or what position i try to pull them they lock after a few mm's im pulling my hair out. I tried to dismantle one to see how it worked but that ended up in a wound up piece of spring steel firing at me.

I know its not a fault with one particular reel as ive tried some spares i have and they are the same !!!

Help!!!!!!

Jimmi.................

I bolted the reel back into the car, and pulled really hard to remove and slack in the seatbelt, this then gave enough slack to pull the rest of the belt out.

Did this a few years back and, like Slim, I think I ended up bolting it back in the car in order to release it.

You also have to have them the right way up - if they're upside-down, they lock. I guess it's on the assumption that the car has rolled and you really shouldn't have slack in the seatbelt :lol:

there set up to only release in the exact position that they are designed to be in. the locking mechanism will lock as soon as it is moved slighly my mate got his mixed up a few weeks back in his starlet and couldn't work out y. so they could be mixed up.