Sign in to follow this  
Crumbs

My new dials are nice but why cant I see my milage any more!

Just fitted some DDI dials with the rings and bought one of those flip reverser 'Blazing Squad' :oops: things that converts my trip computer to black background with red digits. Now my gauges light up nicely but my trip computer and clock just look black. (If you catch them in the right light you can still vaguely see the digits)

Now I followed all the instructions and replaced the green filter with the supplied red ones (I put two red filters in to make it a deeper red as it suggests you can do) I then placed the sticky grey tinted transparant filter on the front of the glass.

Now the only place that I can see where I have gone wrong is that I could not seem to peel off an existing film off the front of the glass panels and just stuck the grey tinted one on? Was this my mistake or have I cocked up somewhere else?

Merci Beaucoup in advance

yeh you messed up mate :lol: , you must take off the factory film from off the front of the LCD, i used a very sharp scalpel to get them off. so out come the clocks mate,

karl

I done this with mine as well, i couldnt get any so called existing film off and just stuck the tint straight on and couldnt see jack :lol: I gave up in the end and didnt bother with the reverser, wish i had now though :(

yup, i did the same, but balls up the DDI film as well (went all bubbley when i put it back on) ordered some more film from DDI about october last year and never turned up! just left them standard now.

This is great news............not. Ill have a go tonight to see whether I have any luck but ive got a feeling my clocks will go all bubbly too. Oh well, should have given up when I realised I was tampering with circuit boards, It took me back to GCSE physics with all those AND NOT and OR gates. Filthy.

Cheers Lads

you can get the LCD film from maplins, they sell it in 6" sheets. there is different levels of film though, get the darkest one they sell, and just cut it to size.

karl

Cheers guys. Dismantled it last night, used a hair drier and a scaple to prise both films off, stuck the correct one back on using the hair drier to get rid of the bubbles, reassembled and BOOMTANG..... nice red digits on black dials, thats until you turn your head lights off then they are dull grey digits on black dials. Oh well you cant have everything.

Really appreciated, you guys are 'Pure Skill' :D