Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

passat handles fitted, door wont lock??

Brought a pair of handles off ebay with the changed stricker so it opens the door, took old one off, fitted passenger one, tried it, it opened the door when unlocked, then i locked the car and tried it, and it still opened?

is there something else im missing from the handle?

door.JPG

If people have the same problem, does this mean there are unlocked corrado's out there!!!

just been thinking, and there is that bit that goes in the middle of the door handle, i asume the then solenoid pushed the door pin up it rotates the lock barrel, maybe this has something to do with it?

i had same problem last week when fiiting mine. the previous owner did a diy job to repair the original handle by bending the internal lever. if you look through the hole with the handle removed theres two levers attatched to the actual lock. one locks/unlocks it, the one nearest you opens it my handle was pushing on the open lever slightly because it had been bent up a little. all i did was push it down a touch. after a few attempts i got it right just do it a bit at a time.

hope this helps you guys

no those wires were just for the switches in the lock barrel to let the central locking know to lock all the other doors i think. i stand to be corrected but it made no difference on mine.

the wires are also for the full closure to roll up the windows when the key is turned and held. but the alarm should do that when the handles are de-locked, thats how mine is.

Didn't experience the problems with the handles tho so can't shed any light on them!!

It's the actual lock mechs inside the doors - look at the middle 3 part numbers, that needs to match the handles... Bending the striker is just a bodge and will never work well and also weaken the handle...

I have the same problem with my drivers side door. I have passat handles and catches fitted but it hasnt locked for about a yr, although it did at first. To be honest it doesnt bother me as the alarm/immobiliser works and there is a stop lock. Last time the pikeys managed the best part of a grands worth of damage just sticking screwdrivers through the doors and bending stuff :lol:

Anyway...... last night my passenger side door stopped unlocking. It wont unlock with the internal handle either, so i presume the plastic clip that conects the catch to the hydraulic mechanism has broken or fallen off. I know i can open it by ripping off the door card, but i dont want to do this.

Can someone pm me some instructions on how to break in??

From memory it should be possible with a flat piece of steel i think, based on where the catches are. but would be nice of someone confirmed.

Cheers.

Dan