Sign in to follow this  
dubpolo1

A few corrado questions

hi new to the forum and within the next few months im hoping to buy a corrado vr6, ive heard many good things but some of them may not be true so i thought here would be the best place...

ive been into the dubscene for a few years now, owned a polo 16v, mk5 golf diesel and a mk2 gti 8v

ok ive never driven a vr6 (only a few runs in a 16v) but i love the styling of any corrado, the vr6 is what im after .

how are they to live with? i.e running costs, performance (does it feel quick or just a big cruiser), realiability etc.

also i heard about the karmann ghia gearbox, apparantly u can change gear without clutch?? was that a option or standard.

thanks

a Karmann Ghia is a VW coupe from the 60's/early 70's based on an air-cooled beetle........so dunno what you mean about a Karmann Ghia gearbox other than one from then,its only connection apart from badge with a Corrado is it was built by the same ppl

as for running costs..............mpg wise for the size of engine they are decent,tho buy a bad one and parts/servicing can be scary

sounds like someone was winding you up,you can get an Auto VR but tbh they have the potential to be even bigger money-pits

nah autos are gay.

just noticed your from scotland aswel, are you on scottishvag?

ps does the storm come with leather?

some auto's are actually cool(and not gay)but they are normally in big TD 4x4's/Mercs etc

i'm not on scottishvag.........not very keen on it tbh

and ALL (genuine)Storms have leather as standard

and ALL (genuine)Storms have leather as standard

And some lookalikes too! :wink:

ahhhh but Glenn dear boy your leather was an optional extra :wink: :-P

having owned 2 vr6's in nearly 4 years, all i have had to change on either car is a water pump, and a ignition switch.

well apart from things that the car never really needed, like big brakes/stainless exhaust/new alloys/charger, but these were things i did so it was my car :)

karl